Hey there my flawsome friend,
Now the clocks have changed the days are feeling so short over here in the UK. Autumn has fully turned now and it’s flipping freezing, lol. With the colder weather, comes me craving comfort food, are you like that?
I work long days at the salon and I don’t want to come home and spend ages cooking my dinner so to be able to have something that is yummy, nutritious and ready for me, after a long cold day at work.
My go to meal for this is my slow cooker casserole, I love it so much and wanted to share it with all of you.
Slow Cooker Beef Casserole/Stew:
(This recipe is easily adaptable by swapping for other meats or proteins, eg, lamb, pork, chicken or turkey)
Makes 4-6 portions.
What you will need:
• A slow cooker
• A Sharp knife
• Chopping board
• Jug/ Bowl to make gravy
• 250g Lean Casserole Beef (cut into inch sized pieces)
• 1 x Onion (finely chopped)
• 3-4 Cloves of Garlic (peeled and crushed)
• 2 x Tablespoons of Tomato Puree
• 2-3 Tablespoons of Organic Beef Stock Gravy Granules (I get from my local health food shop)
• 3 x Carrots (peeled and chopped in ¼ inch slices/chunks)
• 1 x Swede ( peeled and cut into ¼ inch cubes)
• 2-3 x Green Leeks (outside leaves removed and chopped into inch sized chunks)
• 1 x Can of Cannellini Beans (drained and rinsed)
• Pinch of salt and pepper
• 1 x Tablespoon of Dried Rosemary
• Water (as required to make gravy and cover ingredients in cooker.)
• Prepare meat and veg as suggested in list.
• Have slow cooker ready, I literally throw all dry ingredients into slow cooker, no pre cooking.
• Stir ingredients around to mix together well, season with the salt and pepper.
• Make gravy and then pour over the ingredients in slow cooker until all covered.
• Put on lid and turn slow cooker to high for 1 hour.
• After 1 hour stir well and replace lid.
• Turn down slow cooker to low setting and leave for minimum 5 hours and will be ready to enjoy. I like to cook all day while I’m at work so mine quite often will cook for 8-10 hours before I eat it.
You can store in fridge once made and will keep for about 5 days in an airtight container and can then take out as need in portion sizes. Or freeze in portion sizes and take out as needed. Defrost properly before reheating.
Reheats really well, ensure all food is reheated properly before eating.
To swap the meats you could do the rest exactly the same or replace the herbs to get different flavours. Play around with this recipe, make it your own.
The perfect Autumn (Fall) go to recipe. I love comfort food at this time of year.
Do let me know if make this slow cooker casserole, or any of my recipes, and if you share any pics on social media be sure to tag me @flawsomejem I love to see my recipes being made by others.
There’s currently 20% off my quick and easy meal plans, wanna know more? Click here! I’m also giving as a bonus a month free support in my group support community ‘Forever Flawsome’ for anyone who takes advantage of my 20% off as I want to help you succeed as much as possible. Get yours now!
I’ll leave it there for today!
Lots of love,
New to my world?
Helpful Flawsome Jem Link’s: