Hey there my Flawsome friend,
Hope the day sees you well?
So today I thought I’d share with you all one of my fave go to Autumn ‘Fall’ lunch. I always crave comfort food as the seasons change and get cooler after the summer.
It’s really quick and easy to make and it’s such a time saver to have a nourishing soup on hand that is loaded with nutrients that your body needs. It’s mega tasty and will keep for about a week in the fridge.
You will get protein from the chicken, and loads of vitamins and macronutrients and a small amount of carbs from the vegetables.
This soup takes minimal prep to make.
Literally chuck all the veg in with the stock, cook and blend. Soooo easy!
If you wanted to add some extra carbs to fill you up a bit more or post workout then feel free to add rice or quinoa.
Hemp Seeds are also great to sprinkle over for added protein and some healthy fats.
And you could always add half an avocado on top to serve as a healthy fat too.
Chicken and Vegetable Soup
(Makes 4-6 servings)
You will need:
• A Sharp Knife • Cutting Board • Large Saucepan • Blender or Food Processor • Wooden Spoon
• 600ml of Low Salt Chicken Stock-I use Kallo.
• 1 Large Courgette (Zucchini)-Skin Peeled and Chopped into inch sized chunks
• ½ Cauliflower
• 1 x White Onion
• 2-3 Cloves of Garlic-Peels and chopped into smaller pieces
• 1 x Large Carrot
• 2 x Chicken Breasts -oven baked for 20-25 mins first, with salt and pepper, cooled and shredded.
• Handful of Fresh Parsley- Ripped
• Pinch of Pink Himalayan Rock Salt and Black Pepper
• Teaspoon of Dried Rosemary.
How to Make:
• In large saucepan add Courgette, Cauliflower, Onion, Garlic, Dried Rosemary, Pepper and Salt and Stock.
• Simmer for 20 minutes or until veg all softened.
• Transfer to food processor/blender (Do in 2 or 3 parts or will overflow as mega hot-BE VERY CAREFUL HERE!)
• Blend Soup until Smooth.
• Transfer back to saucepan and add the shredded chicken and carrots and more black pepper should you should.
• Simmer for another 10 mins or so or until Carrot at desired liking.
• Serve and enjoy.
I store in a large Tupperware in the fridge once cooled and heat up as needed, will keep for about a week in the fridge, if it lasts that long!
YUM, YUM!! ENJOY!
Need a quick and easy meal plan to help you on your own healthy journey
I’ll leave it there for today and enjoy the soup!
Do share and tag me in any pics on social media if you make, I’d love to see your own versions.
Lots of love,
P.S. Quick and Easy Meal Plans