Happy Hemp Day!
How are you doing?
I’m often talking about hemp protein and many of you contact me, asking for recipe ideas to include hemp protein.
One of the quickest and easiest ways to incorporate hemp protein into your day is to add into a green smoothie, another bonus of a green smoothie is you can top up your daily protein intake with very little effort or messing about.
Smoothies aren’t for everyone but for me personally they have been a game changer.
How much Protein does our body actually need?
Well it varies on individual but most active adults could do with consuming about 1 gram of protein per lb or 2.2 grams per kg of bodyweight. (depending on how you measure)
You want to be ensuring you’re getting enough protein in your diet to make sure you feel satiated and are allowing your body to repair.
Sometimes getting protein in with just food alone can be hard, so I suggest supplementing with a good quality complete protein powder.
My favourites is Raised Spirit Hemp Protein, both the plain and Cacao versions are awesome, you can save 10% by entering code: JEMLOCAL (please use button below to buy for yourself-will divert you to Raised Spirit website)
You can get good quality protein powders in all good health shops and even some supermarkets, like Waitrose these days.
What you to look for when buying protein powder:
- You want a good quality, complete protein. That hasn’t been sweetened or have any bad preservatives in.
- Is it a complete protein?
- Is it sweetened?
- If so with something natural
- Is it organic?
- Is it a certified product?
- If you answered no to any of the above, then I would avoid.
Any ingredients ending in ‘ose’
- Does it contain anything else-meal replacement, ingredients can spell/pronounce?
- If you answered yes to any of the above, then I would avoid.
– For further advice reach out to me by email: email@example.com I’ll happily try and help.
Below is a hemp based chocolate brownie recipe for you to try. A super naught but nice hemp based treat.
Hope you enjoy as much as I do…if you make please tag me on any pics you share. I love seeing you guys share my recipes.
As always, any questions I am always here and happy to help, book a free chat below with myself and let’s get you started on your own healthy journey and ditch that overwhelm and start living the healthy life you deserve!
Jemp Chocolate Brownie Recipe:
Makes 15 brownies.
- 14 oz. Good-Quality Dark Chocolate (70% Cocoa)
- 1 ½ cup Unsalted Butter, Diced
- 5 Eggs
- 1 ¼ cup Regular Sugar
- 1 ¼ cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1-2 tsp Vanilla Paste
- 3 ½ oz. Good-Quality Dark Chocolate (70% Cocoa Solids), Chopped
- 1/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup of hemp protein
- Pinch of Sea Salt.
How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Put the 14 oz. of chocolate into a heatproof bowl with the butter.
- Place the bowl over a pan of simmering water and leave to melt.
- In the meantime, put the eggs, sugar, light brown sugar and vanilla paste into a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- Pour the melted chocolate into the bowl and whisk briefly before folding in the rest of the chocolate.
- Sift in the flour, protein powder and sea salt and stir until just combined.
- Do not over mix.
- Pour the mixture into a lined brownie pan and bake on the middle rack for 25 minutes.
- It may look under baked, but the brownies will turn out fudgy and delicious when cooled.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
- Transfer to the refrigerator to chill overnight.
- Cut into squares and serve.
Some benefits of including hemp in your daily diet:
- Hemp seeds contain ALL 9 essential amino acids.
- Hemp seeds contain more usable protein per gram than almost all other foods.
- Hemp seeds do not contain trypsin inhibitors.
- Hemp seed contains easily digestible protein.
- Hemp seeds contain the perfect 2.5 : 1 balance of essential fatty acids.
- Hemp seed farming is beneficial to the environment.
Want to Infuse with CBD?
To infuse your brownie with CBD you can add your daily dose to your brownie mix, when mixing. I like to add when I add the eggs, etc and treat as normal.
I like to add a couple of drops per square, so about 30 drops per recipe. I like to use my own brand: Flawsome Jem CBD 10%/1000mg CBD Tincture.
There are so many hemp and CBD products on the market these days, it can be a minefield.
Let me help you cut through the confusion. book a free chat with me below!
Hope you enjoyed reading and found helpful. If you would like to learn more about anything health, nutrition, mindset, hemp or CBD related, let’s chat!
Lots of love,
PLEASE NOTE: CBD is neither a medicine nor a cure for any illness and by no means do we make any medical claims. CBD can help to maintain and support your health and a healthy lifestyle.
I am not making any medical claims in this or any of my other publications. All content I produce, is purely for educational purposes and for sharing my own personal knowledge and experiences of CBD.