Happy Hemp Day!
How are you doing?
Today I wanted to come on and talk about what a CBD lab test is, why do and how to read a COA (Certificate of Analysis) / Lab Report. It’s importnat when buying any CBD product that you know what’s in the product(s), ask your CBD retailer for lab reports, if you haven’t already seen. All Flawsome Jem Products come with a QR code which can be scanned and the current, most up to date lab report will be viewed. Complete transparency from me for you!
Hope you enjoy reading and find helpful.
As always, any questions I am always here and happy to help, book a free chat below with myself and let’s get you started on your own healthy Hemp & CBD journey.
What is a Lab Test?
There are several analyses that need to be done in order to certify that a hemp product like cannabidiol oil is indeed pure, free of toxins and able to provide the claimed benefits.
Before you buy CBD oil you should be aware of the results.
First we test for Potency to ascertain the exact amount of Cannabinoids in the product.
CBD is not the only Cannabinoid in cannabis, there are over 600 known Cannabinoids in the cannabis plant and a lab test is essential to confirm the level of Cannabinoids to determine the potency and confirm the lawfulness of the products.
We primarily want a high potency CBD product but it’s also essential to have small amounts of the other Cannabinoids as it is the synergistic quality also known as the entourage effect of these compounds that makes it truly effective.
We test for terpenes to identify the compounds that produce the colour and distinctive flavours to the final product.
Terpenes are considered to have many beneficial effects as well.
Additionally, we test for these compounds to ensure our product has a consistent colour and flavour profile which meets our high standards of production.
Always Ask to See Your CBD Lab Reports!
- Don’t Get Scammed with Weak and/or Toxic CBD Oil!
The CBD industry is exploding, but are all CBD products the same?
In a word, NO, let us reveal how you can use third-party lab reports to avoid being scammed.
Research keeps surfacing revealing the powerful uses of Cannabis, Hemp and CBD. Millions are using this plant for everything from physical to mental health.
Just like all major medical discoveries, inferior products are surfacing in the cannabis industry at alarming rates.
According to Dr. David Dahl, a specialist in chronic pain, cannabis product ingredients should be a considered.
“Cannabidiol as a compound appears to be safe to use, I say that because there’s still research going on,” Dahl said. He adds, “The biggest concern with safety, what is in that CBD oil? Is it really CBD?”
Third-party lab tests are the answer to finding a safe and effective CBD product.
How to determine if a brand is legit and how to read the lab reports to gain peace of mind you’re getting the most from your CBD products.
Before You Believe the Lab Report…
- First, you’ll want to look into the brand you’re considering.
- Do not just take the brand’s own testing or word as gold.
- Any cannabis, hemp or CBD brand worth their salt will use outside testing.
- Make sure they test their products regularly at a well-known third-party lab.
- Check the legitimacy of the lab.
- Make sure it’s fully licensed and a ISO/IEC 17025 accredited analytical cannabis laboratory. (This kind of laboratory tests all forms of cannabis for a large variety of cannabinoids, minerals and additives
How to read a lab report:
- Look for an image. This verifies the actual product you’re considering is what was tested. Beware of companies who use a bait and switch tactic with the lab results. They’ll just test one product and make claims for all.
- Look at the tetrahydrocannabinol or THC (the psychoactive cannabinoid) content. This will reveal how strong the high will be. If you’re considering a potent CBD make sure the THC is below 0.2%.
- Verify the milligrams in topicals, vapes and edibles is what the brand claims.
- Check that date. It should be less than a year old to ensure it’s the same batch/product as pictured.
- Make sure that signature is from a PhD carrying lab technician.
- Last step, look at the list of added chemicals. Some companies try to sneak in extras that could leave your health at risk.
I have a QR code on my CBD products which show you my most current, up to date lab tests for my products, for complete transparency and easy access to my lab tests.
Below I’ve are some of the biggest offenders on the market today.
Chemicals to Avoid!
- Dextromethorphan, or DMX. This purposely addictive ingredient is used in common drug store medicines like cough syrup. Dr. Ryan Vandrey from Johns Hopkins University reveals when DMX is abused in higher doses it can generate a sedation with an abnormal heartbeat, in addition to hallucinations and a general sense of euphoria. This tinkers with your brain’s pleasure centre, which is the very definition of an addictive substance.
- 5F-ADB. “Street chemists” developed 5F-ADB. It mimics the psychological effects of THC. Why is this dangerous? Because to-date no known research is available for any possible side effects. In fact, the DEA classified 5F-ADB as a Schedule I drug. So not only is it illegal with potential side-effects, it also has no current accepted medical value.
- Cannabis is a bio accumulator, meaning it pulls its nutrients from the sole it is grown in. Be vigilant of cannabis grown using harmful chemical pesticides and additives like formaldehyde which has been shown to cause cancers and leukaemia when inhaled into the lungs.
So Who's CBD Should You Choose?
Mine of course!
Only joking 😉 but don’t forget I offer a large range of high quality lab tested CBD products. Save 10% using code: CBD10 at checkout!
- It really comes down to the integrity of the brand.
- If a brand looks sketchy it probably is.
- Always look at the “other ingredients.
- If the company doesn’t have reviews on their Website, Facebook, Trust Pilot, Google pages that’s another indication to leave them alone.
When people in the cannabis, hemp and CBD community find a great product they shout it from the rooftops.
There are so many products on the market these days, it can be a minefield.
Let me help you cut through the confusion. book a free no obligation chat with me below!
Hope you enjoyed reading and found helpful. If you would like to learn more about anything hemp, cannabis or CBD related, let’s chat!
** Get my 53 page CBD Guide & Tracker completely free, with every order placed!
The perfect tool for supporting you on your own CBD journey. **
Lots of love,
PLEASE NOTE: CBD is neither a medicine nor a cure for any illness and by no means do we make any medical claims. CBD can help to maintain and support your health and a healthy lifestyle.
I am not making any medical claims in this or any of my other publications. All content I produce, is purely for educational purposes and for sharing my own personal knowledge and experiences of CBD.
Ditch the Overwhelm, Look & Feel Healthier Forever!
Start Living that Healthy Life You Deserve!
I can help in a variety of ways including;
- High quality CBD Products,
- 121 & Group Support & Coaching,
- Hemp & CBD Education.
Start Living the Life YOU Deserve!