Happy Hemp Day!
How are you doing?
I’m often talking about hemp and many of you contact me, asking for recipe ideas to include hemp, so I’m sharing a fab snack energy ball recipe below.
Also while we are on the subject of snacking and energy balls, I thought I would share an insight into how much protein you should be eating and why it’s important to include plenty in your diet, which is where my protein loaded energy snack balls come in…
How much Protein does our body actually need?
Well it varies on individual but most active adults could do with consuming about 1 gram of protein per lb or 2.2 grams per kg of bodyweight. (depending on how you measure)
You want to be ensuring you’re getting enough protein in your diet to make sure you feel satiated and are allowing your body to repair.
Sometimes getting protein in with just food alone can be hard, so I suggest supplementing with a good quality complete protein powder.
My favourites is Raised Spirit Hemp Protein, both the plain and Cacao versions are awesome, you can save 10% by entering code: JEMLOCAL (button below, will divert you to their website)
You can get good quality protein powders in all good health shops and even some supermarkets, like Waitrose these days.
What you to look for when buying protein powder:
- You want a good quality, complete protein. That hasn’t been sweetened or have any bad preservatives in.
- Is it a complete protein?
- Is it sweetened?
- If so with something natural
- Is it organic?
- Is it a certified product?
- If you answered no to any of the above, then I would avoid.
Any ingredients ending in ‘ose’
- Does it contain anything else-meal replacement, ingredients can spell/pronounce?
- If you answered yes to any of the above, then I would avoid.
– For further advice reach out to me by email: firstname.lastname@example.org I’ll happily try and help.
Below is a hemp based fruit and nut energy ball/bomb recipe suggestion for you to try.
Hope you enjoy as much as I do…if you make please tag me on any pics you share. I love seeing you guys share my recipes.
As always, any questions I am always here and happy to help, book a free chat below with myself and let’s get you started on your own healthy journey, ditch the overwhelm and start living that healthy life you deserve.
Jemp Fruit 'n' Seed 'Bombs':
Makes about 25 ‘bombs’.
|200 grams||Blanched Almonds|
|¼ cup||Toasted Pumpkin Seeds|
|250 grams||Dried Dates (pitted)|
|¼ cup||Cacao Powder|
|1/4 cup||Hemp Seed Hearts|
|⅓ cup||Goji Berries|
|1 ½ tablespoons||Water|
|1 teaspoon||Vanilla Bean Paste|
|⅓ cup||Desiccated Coconut|
How to Make:
- Add all ingredients to food processor/high speed blender, (keep back a few of the hemp hearts for decoration at end).
- When mixed well, remove from food processor and roll into 1 inch balls.
- Roll some in hemp hearts and leave some plain.
- Will make approx 25 balls/’bombs’.
- Keep in fridge or suitable for freezing, ensure defrosted thoroughly before eating though.
(can add extra nuts and seeds if you wish)
Some benefits of including hemp in your daily diet:
- Hemp seeds contain ALL 9 essential amino acids.
- Hemp seeds contain more usable protein per gram than almost all other foods.
- Hemp seeds do not contain trypsin inhibitors.
- Hemp seed contains easily digestible protein.
- Hemp seeds contain the perfect 2.5 : 1 balance of essential fatty acids.
- Hemp seed farming is beneficial to the environment.
Would you like to Infuse your 'bombs' with CBD?
To infused your smoothie with CBD you can add 25-50 drops ( so works out 1 or 2 drops per ball) to mix, when mixing and treat as normal.
I like to add a couple of drops per ball. I like to use my own brand: Flawsome Jem CBD 10%/1000mg CBD Tincture.
There are so many hemp and CBD products on the market these days, it can be a minefield.
Let me help you cut through the confusion. book a free chat with me below!
Hope you enjoyed reading and found helpful. If you would like to learn more about anything health, nutrition, mindset, hemp or CBD related, let’s chat!
Lots of love,
PLEASE NOTE: CBD is neither a medicine nor a cure for any illness and by no means do we make any medical claims. CBD can help to maintain and support your health and a healthy lifestyle.