Happy Hemp Day!
How are you doing?
I’m often talking about hemp protein and many of you contact me, asking for recipe ideas to include hemp protein.
One of the quickest and easiest ways to incorporate hemp protein into your day is to add into a green smoothie, another bonus of a green smoothie is you can top up your daily protein intake with very little effort or messing about.
Smoothies aren’t for everyone but for me personally they have been a game changer.
How much Protein does our body actually need?
Well it varies on individual but most active adults could do with consuming about 1 gram of protein per lb or 2.2 grams per kg of bodyweight. (depending on how you measure)
You want to be ensuring you’re getting enough protein in your diet to make sure you feel satiated and are allowing your body to repair.
Sometimes getting protein in with just food alone can be hard, so I suggest supplementing with a good quality complete protein powder.
My favourites is Raised Spirit Hemp Protein, both the plain and Cacao versions are awesome, you can save 10% by entering code: JEMLOCAL (button below)
You can get good quality protein powders in all good health shops and even some supermarkets, like Waitrose these days.
What you to look for when buying protein powder:
- You want a good quality, complete protein. That hasn’t been sweetened or have any bad preservatives in.
- Is it a complete protein?
- Is it sweetened?
- If so with something natural
- Is it organic?
- Is it a certified product?
- If you answered no to any of the above, then I would avoid.
Any ingredients ending in ‘ose’
- Does it contain anything else-meal replacement, ingredients can spell/pronounce?
- If you answered yes to any of the above, then I would avoid.
– For further advice reach out to me by email: email@example.com I’ll happily try and help.
Below is a hemp based recipe suggestion for you to try, it’s a savoury snack today- Jemp Salt ‘n’ Pepper Crackers.
Hope you enjoy as much as I do…if you make please tag me on any pics you share. I love seeing you guys share my recipes.
As always, any questions I am always here and happy to help, book a free chat below with myself and let’s get you started on your own healthy hemp and/or CBD journey.
Jemp Salt 'n' Pepper Crackers:
Makes about 20 crackers.
- 2 cups of almond/coconut flour
- 1 large egg
- half a cup of hemp seed hearts
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of cracked black pepper
How to Make:
- Place flour, hemp seed, egg, salt and pepper into bowl, bind together until fully mixed together into a dough.
- On side place piece of parchment paper and put dough on top and place another piece of parchment paper over top to prevent sticking,
- roll with rolling pin until about 1/16 inch and remove top piece of parchment paper,
- cut into inch sized squares,
- sprinkle with extra salt and pepper if desired.
- Bake at 350 for 12-14 mins until golden brown.
- Allow to cool and serve.
Some benefits of including hemp in your daily diet:
- Hemp seeds contain ALL 9 essential amino acids.
- Hemp seeds contain more usable protein per gram than almost all other foods.
- Hemp seeds do not contain trypsin inhibitors.
- Hemp seed contains easily digestible protein.
- Hemp seeds contain the perfect 2.5 : 1 balance of essential fatty acids.
- Hemp seed farming is beneficial to the environment.
There are so many hemp and CBD products on the market these days, it can be a minefield.
Let me help you cut through the confusion. book a free chat with me below!
Hope you enjoyed reading and found helpful. If you would like to learn more about anything hemp, cannabis or CBD related, let’s chat!
Lots of love,
PLEASE NOTE: CBD is neither a medicine nor a cure for any illness and by no means do we make any medical claims. CBD can help to maintain and support your health and a healthy lifestyle.
I am not making any medical claims in this or any of my other publications. All content I produce, is purely for educational purposes and for sharing my own personal knowledge and experiences of CBD.
P.S. I like to use Raised Spirit Hemp Protein, you can save 10% here! Using code: JEMLOCAL