Hey there my flawsome friend,
Hope you’re well?
So a few week’s back I shared my Matcha and Turmeric Lolly pics on social media and I had loads of you requesting the recipe, with the heat wave we have been having the UK recently, I’m not surprised. Mind you, as I’m sat here writing this its a bit cooler today and drizzling with rain, but it is the UK and hope the sun comes back soon.
So I thought I’d come and talk more about Matcha and Turmeric and their health benefits and share the full recipe with you all.
About Matcha and it’s Benefits:
(text below about Matcha is taken from Purechimp Website, thanks for the awesome info)
What is matcha green tea?
Matcha green tea leaves are grown in the same way as those used for regular green tea, only with matcha, the leaves are grown under a protective cover for the final two weeks.
This extra love and care gives them that extra ‘green-ness’ and is the secret to their exceptional health benefits. Once they are powered up and good to go, the tea leaves are dried and slowly ground to a very fine powder, which can be turned into a delicious tea, or mixed with fruit juice.
Health benefits of Matcha:
* Boosts your metabolism-
Matcha has been said to boost your metabolism by some 40 percent, with weight loss being a common effect of regular matcha drinking.
* Increases energy levels-
A serving of ‘feel-good’ matcha green tea can keep you going for up to 6 hours! This is thanks to the unique way it slowly releases caffeine.
* Full of antioxidants-
Matcha’s antioxidant power is based on catechins which hunt down and destroy the free radicals that can trigger various diseases.
The great news is that matcha drinkers consume 137 times more catechins than ordinary green tea drinkers.
* Cholesterol lowering potential-
A 2011 study showed that green tea had a significant effect on lowering the LDL or ‘bad’ cholesterol levels in research subjects.
* Mind improving-
L-theanine is an amino acid that encourages alpha-wave activity in the brain.
Alpha waves reduce stress and lower blood pressure so we feel less tense and can access higher-level brain functions like memory more easily.
Japan’s longest-lived citizens regularly reach 100 plus, and they were regular matcha green tea drinkers.
I like to use Pure Chimp Matcha, I have and use all the flavours but my current favourites are the Mint one or the Turmeric one, which I’ve used in this recipe.
To purchase your own Pure Chimp Matcha online!
Turmeric and Curcumin- ( info taken from Healthline website)
Turmeric may be the most effective nutritional supplement in existence.
Many high-quality studies show that it has major benefits for your body and brain.
Here are the top 10 evidence-based health benefits of turmeric.
1. Turmeric Contains Bioactive Compounds With Powerful Medicinal Properties
2. Curcumin Is a Natural Anti-Inflammatory Compound
3. Turmeric Dramatically Increases the Antioxidant Capacity of the Body
4. Curcumin Boosts Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor, Linked to Improved Brain Function and a Lower Risk of Brain Diseases
5. Curcumin Should Lower Your Risk of Heart Disease
6. Turmeric Can Help Prevent (And Perhaps Even Treat) Cancer
7. Curcumin May Be Useful in Preventing and Treating Alzheimer’s Disease
8. Arthritis Patients Respond Very Well to Curcumin Supplements
9. Studies Show That Curcumin Has Incredible Benefits Against Depression
10. Curcumin May Help Delay Aging and Fight Age-Related Chronic Diseases
Turmeric and especially its most active compound curcumin have many scientifically-proven health benefits, such as the potential to prevent heart disease, Alzheimer’s and cancer.
It’s a potent anti-inflammatory and antioxidant and may also help improve symptoms of depression and arthritis.
I like to use in powder form in my green smoothies and add a spoonful or 2 each day. I buy from Waitrose and use Nature’s Heart Vitalising Superfood Powder, which is a mixture of dried Goldenberries, Turmeric and Coconut.
Full Recipe for Matcha and Turmeric Lollies:
You will need:
- A lolly mould kit or lolly sticks and plastic cups (would work just as well)
- A measuring jug
- A whisk
- Turmeric (1 tablespoon)
- Turmeric Matcha (1 teaspoon)
- Water (as required to fill moulds)
If you would like extra sweetness can add:
- Honey or Agave Nectar
- Or some chopped up fruit would be nice too.
How to make:
- In a measuring jug, add the dry ingredients, then little by little whisk some of the water into the mixture to get a smooth consistency and continue to add water and whisk until you have enough liquid in jug to fill your lolly moulds. Fill lolly moulds to brim and put in sticks and pop into freezer, will take a few hours to freeze.
- Be patient, it’s all worth it, the matcha settles all through the lolly so creates pretty colours and patterns, very bright and summery.
A refreshing summer treat.
What’s your fave refreshing summer treat? Please share, I’d love to hear from you.
Do you need a Quick and Easy, Family Friendly Meal Plan to help you lead a healthier lifestyle for you and all the family?
Check out my Meal Plans here!
I’d love to share your Flawsome healthy journey with you!
I’ll leave it there for today, enjoy and let me know if you make, I’d love to see your versions of my recipes.
Have a Flawsome day, Lots of Love,